Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2: What if you stayed this time?

Mood: Restless 
Song: Stay by Shakespears Sister
Title Taken from the Movie: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
"Clementine: Joely? What if you stayed this time?
Joel: I walked out the door. There’s no memory left.
Clementine: Come back and make up a good-bye, at least.
Clementine: Let’s pretend we had one.
Clementine: Bye, Joel.
Joel: I love you.
Clementine: Meet me in Montauk."




I wish there was a device similar to the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind's memory-erasing machine.
So that the sound of your voice won't hold any value. 

A few days ago... you thought I had gone home and sent me a message through email
you greeted me with a "Happy Birthday" wish. 
I thought I was just dreaming
In my wildest dreams, I wanted you to remember that special day
and that once upon a time, I wanted to spend it with you. 


I wasn't prepared for the hurt and the longing to come rushing back
I wanted you to take the leap
and spend the day with me..
..like in the original plan
but then you said the words I've always hated to hear from you
"Sorry it ended this way
but then it's better this way, i guess.
Take care. Always take care."


 Why are you always sorry?
Was everything we had sorry-inducing?

 I wanted to say:
If I asked you to stay
just for a day
would you take the leap 
and pretend with me
that we could be together?
would you stay this time?


But I didn't say any of those. 
I just said:
"Thanks. 
Take care!"


No comments:

Post a Comment