Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 165: Why are we pretending this is nothing?

Mood:  Confused and wondering 
Title Taken from the song:  Story of Us by Taylor Swift

I am so hooked on this song by Taylor Swift. 
I really feel like this describes how we are right now.


I have been successful at hiding from you
I did not let your presence or the idea that you are in the same building deter me
I worked and worked knowing I only have limited time
before I make the final decision to quit this job
not because of you, mind you...
but i have so many reasons to push me in channeling my talents somewhere else
but you wouldn't know what I've been going
because we are still ignoring each other. 



I can not pretend to be friends with you
Knowing how you didn't even apologize properly
We were in this mess primarily because of you
I've always had sincere intentions
You were the one who couldn't make up what you really wanted
and why you were doing the things you were doing

I moved on with a little help from my friends
and I appreciate everything that came my way
my relationship with other people has improved
and you were not in the picture anymore


I still get signs from the universe telling me not to forget you completely. 
and by now, i hate all these signs i don't want to see
and i am starting to dislike this meddling universe for pointing you to me

Last week, i had a shot at simple happiness when I peeked through the glass window.
I just saw your back while you were busy working.
i still care about you, you see
and this is something i can not just shake off
i had managed to just survive and thrive knowing you're permanently in my heart
i just need to learn how to cover your place with a lot of band-aids 
so that i won't get to feel you at all
and to the world, my heart looks new and shiny



I had my quota of stolen glances for the month
so I wasn't expecting when you suddenly breezed past me
I was photocopying happily 
and by some twist of circumstances I looked up the same time you gave a backward glance
we had a moment of eye-to-eye contact
and here's to my world rattled again. 

I continued pretending I didn't care much about your presence
but I am so much wiser now
I could see your reflection in the muddy window glass
and I saw how you quickly glanced at my back when you hastily walked behind me
I pretended to read what's on my screen
but I could feel your gaze burning 
and I could still feel you
even when you pretend you don't see me
I knew that you saw me from the other side of the room
and you saw me going to the photocopy machine
this is why you made that backward glance

I miss you so much
and my weekend was filled with thoughts of you
I somehow knew that you were thinking of me, too
I want to be held by you one last time
and I want my last memory of you to be special
not like this

quoting Taylor Swift: "...the story of us looks a lot like a tragedy now..."

No comments:

Post a Comment